1. Tony Patey, 'Lufthansa lends an ear to pas senders'. The European (29 April-5 May 1994), p. 22..
2. 'The manufacturing myth', The Economist (19 March 1994), pp 98-9; Ronald Ilenkofl, 'Service is everybody's business', Ffirnme (27 June 1994), pp. 48-6G.
3. See Leonard L. Berry, 'Services marketing is different', Business (May-June 198G), pp. 24-3G; Karl Albrecht,.At America's Service (Homewood, IL: Dow-Jones-Irwin, 1988); William H. Davidow and llro Uttal, Total Customer b'ej-uice.' The ultimate weapon (New York: Harper & Row, 1989). ('or more on definitions and classifications: of services, see John E. Batcson, Managing Semites Marketing: Text and readings (Qinsdale, IL: Drydcn Press, 1989); Christopher H. Lovelock, Services Marketing (Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentiee Hall, 1991).
4. See Theodore Levitt, 'Marketing intangible products and product in tangibles'. Harvard Business Re-utero (May-June 1981), pp, 94-1G2.
5. For more discussion, see James L. Heskett, 'Lessons in the service sector'. Harvard Business Review (March-April 1987), pp. 122-4; E. Gummcsson, Quality Management in Service Organisations (New York: International Service Quality Association. St John's University, 1993).
ft R..T. Rust and A.J. Zahorik, 'Customer satisfaction, customer retention, and market share', Journal tif Retailing, 69, 2 (Summer 1993), pp. 193-215; James L. Heskett, Thomas O. Jones, Gary W. Loveman, W. Earl Sasser, Jr and Leonard A. Selilesinger, 'Putting the serviee-profit chain to work', Harvard Business Review (March-April 1994), pp. 164-74,
7. For more reading on internal and interactive marketing, see Christian Gronroos, 'Internal marketing- theory ami practice', in T.M. Bloeh, G.D. Upah and V.A. Zcithaml (eds.), Services Marketing in a Changing Environment (American Marketing Association, 1985); Leonard Berry, Edwin F. Lefkowith, and Terry Clark, 'In services, what's in a name?', Harvard /Justness Review (September-October 19R8), pp. 28-3G; Richard J. Varey, 'A model of internal marketing for building and sustaining n competitive advantage'. Journal of Marketing Management, 11 (January/February/April 1995), pp. 41-54.
8. See Joseph Cronin, Jr, and Steven A. Taylore, 'Measuring service quality: a re-examination and extension'. Journal of Marketing (July 1992), pp. 55-68; R.J. Allio and J.M. Patten, 'The market share/excellence equation', Himning Review
(September-October 1991), p 15; David Italiantyne, Martin Christopher and Adrian Payne, 'Improving the quality of services marketing1 service (re)design is the critieal link', Journal ofMarketing Management, 11 (January/February/ April 1995), pp. 7-24.
9. John Paul Newport, 'American Express: service that sells', Fortune (20 November 1989), p, 20; Frank Rose, 'Now quality means service too', fortune (22 April 1991), pp. 97108.
10. C. Gronroos, Strategic Management and Marketing in the Service Sector (Bromley: C hartwell-Bratt, 1985), pp. 38-40; A. Parasuratnan, Valarie A. Zeithaml and Leonard L. Berry, 'A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research', Journal ofMarketing, 49 (Fall 1985), pp. 41-50; Valarie Zeithaml, Leonard L. Berry and A. Parasuraman, Delivering Semice Quality.- Balancing customer perceptions and expectations (New York: Free Press, 1990); and Parasuraman, Zeithaml and Berry, 'Reassessment of expectations as a comparison standard in measuring service quality; implications for further research', Journal ofMarketing, 58 (January 1994), pp, 111-24.
1 1. Parasuraman era!., 'A conceptual model', op. eit
12. Christopher W.L. Hart, James L. Heskett, and W. Earl Sasser, Jr, 'The profitable art of service recover,'1, Harvard Business Review (July-Aug. 1990), pp. 148-56.
13. See James I.. Heskett, W. Earl Sasser, Jr, and Christopher W.I,. Hart, Service Breakthroughs (New York: Free Press, 1990)
14. Sec Stephen S, Roach, 'Services under siege - the restructuring imperative', Harvard Business Review (September-October 1991), p. S3; Leonard A Schlesinger and James L. Heskett, 'The service-driven service company', Harvard Business Review (September-October 1991), pp, 72-81.
15. Nora E. Field and Ricardo Sookdeo, 'The global service 500', Fortune (26 August 1991). pp, 166-70; Tom Hayes, 'Services go international'Marketing .Yews (14 March 1994), pp. 1415; 'Schools brief; trade winds'. The Economist (8 November 1997), pp. 124-5,
16. Michael R, Cuinkota and llkka A. Ronkaincn, International Marketing, 2nd cdn (Chicago, IL: Dryden, 1990), p. 679,
17. Lee Smith, 'What's at stake in the trade talks', fortune (27 August 1990), pp. 76-7.
Was this article helpful?
As with any web site, SaleHoo has a number of features that will help you in buying products from around the world. Once you have an account on SaleHoo, which only costs a one-time fee, you can establish up to twenty named searches for products. After that, any time those items become available, you’ll be alerted.