A product development process identified product development, brand development and business planning stages. In December 1988, Ballygowan employed a marketing consultancy firm, Dimension, to help in the first two stages. The consultancy's brief was as follows:
• Identify and brief three companies to develop prototype products based on pure juices and Ballygowan Spring Water with natural flavours and sweeteners, carbonated, containing preservatives, but not pasteurized.
• Develop formulations for up to six flavours.
• Develop name, branding, positioning, communication and marketing Strategies.
Overview Case Two: Ballygowan • 365
• Target the branded soft-drink sector - Coke, 7-Up, Club, Lilt, and so on.
• Develop a brand with a premium but accessible imagery, and superior product quality, but priced competitively with major brands.
t The brand should have no overt Ballygowan endorsement,
• It should be packed in 1.5 litre plastic bottles, 330 ml cans and 250 ml glasses.
• Primary focus to be the Irish market, but with export potential.
Was this article helpful?
To Build Your Business It Is Crucial That You Have The Correct Info And Tools And Learn How To Build A Correct Business Plan! This is one area you must pay attention to… There are many areas of a business plan that you may not know about but need to know about. For instance... you may have no idea about an executive summary.