A product development process identified product development, brand development and business planning stages. In December 1988, Ballygowan employed a marketing consultancy firm, Dimension, to help in the first two stages. The consultancy's brief was as follows:
• Identify and brief three companies to develop prototype products based on pure juices and Ballygowan Spring Water with natural flavours and sweeteners, carbonated, containing preservatives, but not pasteurized.
• Develop formulations for up to six flavours.
• Develop name, branding, positioning, communication and marketing Strategies.
Overview Case Two: Ballygowan • 365
• Target the branded soft-drink sector - Coke, 7-Up, Club, Lilt, and so on.
• Develop a brand with a premium but accessible imagery, and superior product quality, but priced competitively with major brands.
t The brand should have no overt Ballygowan endorsement,
• It should be packed in 1.5 litre plastic bottles, 330 ml cans and 250 ml glasses.
• Primary focus to be the Irish market, but with export potential.
Was this article helpful?
As with any web site, SaleHoo has a number of features that will help you in buying products from around the world. Once you have an account on SaleHoo, which only costs a one-time fee, you can establish up to twenty named searches for products. After that, any time those items become available, you’ll be alerted.