1, Collect as many catalogues as you uaii that you have received in the raai! recently.
• Sort them by type of product category, Is there some pattern to the types of direct marketer that arc targeting you?
• Where do you think the catalogue companies got your name?
• How would you think a company that was selling your name and address to a direct marketer would describe your buying habits?
2. Watch a satellite or cable television shopping channel or tune into a television shopping show. Where feasible, you might surf the Internet and 'tour' a specialist retailer's site. Or you might sample Virgin's radio station by clicking on icons, accessing features such as playlists and D.I biographies.
• How are the TV shows attempting to reach target buyers? Do they mix product lines (e.g. fine china with sports equipment) or do they target more carefully?
• How do online communications attempt to reach target buyers?
• What are the main differences in the way the TV shopping channels and Internet retailers attempt to evoke a response from target consumers?
Was this article helpful?
I refined my information, added notes as things came up and took out old or outdated information. Each time I discovered a new little tip or trick as I was making money with EBay, I added that information. Today, I bring home anywhere from 500 to 2000 each week with EBay. Thats not too shabby for someone who was just a year ago afraid to even purchase something from the site.