Media Strategy Develop a media mix, where required and affordable, as follows:
• Television: Deliver designated weekly TRP levels over a maximum of three periods: 2nd Q, 3rd Q, and 4th Q, depending upon market importance and TV costs.
• Out-of-home: Bus shelters/subway signs in NY; posters in selective markets.
• Magazine: Regional editions rather than local-market editions due to lower cost and CPMs.
Select the media emphasis by market based on:
1. High BB and category WM volume.
2. BB strength vis-a-vis the category and competitors.
3. Opportunity for BB share increase.
4. Targeted media availability and cost.
5. Total available media budget.
Note: All markets receive magazine ad support.
Protect highest volume = TV in 2nd and 3rd Qtrs; shelters and subway signs.
Share-increase opportunity = TV in all three Qtrs; posters in 2nd Q.
BB dominant in share = TV in 2nd Q; posters in 2nd Q. BB strongest, protect share = TV in 2nd and 3rd Qtrs. Share-increase opportunity = TV in all three Qtrs. Protect share = TV in 2nd and 3rd Qtrs. Share-increase opportunity = TV in all three Qtrs. Strong BB share = Media too costly [print only]. BB highest share = Media too costly [print only]. Share-increase opportunity in #3 category market = TV in 3rd Q.
Mid-range share, volume potential law = Print only.
Local Media New York:
Was this article helpful?