• Jakob Nielsen's UseIt (www.useit.com). Detailed guidelines (alertboxes) and summaries of research into usability of web media.
• Royal National Institute for the Blind web accessibility guidelines (www.rnib.org.uk/accessibility).
• UI Access resources on web site accessibility (www.uiaccess.com/access links.html).
• Usability News (www.usabilitynews.com).
• User Interface Engineering (www.uie.com). Articles on usability which often provide a counterpoint to those of Nielsen.
• Web Design References (www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign). A collection from the University of Minnesota Duluth including articles and references on Accessibility, Information Architecture and Usability.
• Worldwide Web consortium web accessibility guidelines (see www.w3.org/WAI).
• Yale University Press (www.webstyleguide.com). Supporting site for Lynch, P. and Horton, S. (1999) Web Style Guide. Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites. Yale University Press, New Haven, CT. Provides a large amount of detail on design.
Was this article helpful?