Source: Interactive Advertising Bureau (www.iab.net/xmos)
The reasons for using and increasing the significance of online in the media mix are similar to those for using any media mix as described by Sissors and Baron (2002):
• Extend reach (adding prospects not exposed by a single medium or other media)
• Flatten frequency distribution (if audience viewing TV ads are exposed too many times, there is a law of diminishing returns and it may be better to reallocate that budget to other media)
• To reach different kinds of audiences
• To provide unique advantages in stressing different benefits based on the different characteristics of each medium
• To allow different creative executions to be implemented
• To add gross impressions if the other media is cost-efficient
• Reinforce message by using different creative stimuli.
All of these factors, and the first three in particular provide the explanation of why XMOS shows it is worthwhile to put double digit percentages into online media.
Was this article helpful?
There are people all over the world trying to find ways to make money online. From stay at home moms looking to make a few extra dollars to college students and entrepreneurs, the allure of making your own hours and working from home or from the local coffee shop is very appealing.