You have probably heard before that effective objectives and measures to assess performance are SMART. SMART is used to assess the suitability of objectives set to drive different strategies or the improvement of the full range of business processes.
• Specific. Is the objective sufficiently detailed to measure real-world problems and opportunities?
• Measurable. Can a quantitative or qualitative attribute be applied to create a metric?
• Actionable. Can the information be used to improve performance? If the objective doesn't change behaviour in staff to help them improve performance, there is little point in it!
• Relevant. Can the information be applied to the specific problem faced by the manager?
• Time-related. Can the information be constrained through time?
Was this article helpful?
It’s so much easier than you think to create unlimited wealth online. I’m going to show you exactly how in my comprehensive guide. Affiliates are making more money than ever these days easily cashing in while they are off doing other things. It’s nice to know you can bring in a massive income while you’re not even monitoring things because you will not be personally selling anything. You don’t even have to speak from the people that order from you.