Based on the case study and your own research on competitors, summarise the strategic approaches which have helped Tesco.com achieve success online.
4 The situation review will include assessing internal resources and assets, including the services available through the existing web site. External analysis will involve customer demand analysis, competitor benchmarking and review of the macro-environment SLEPT factors.
5 Strategy formulation will involve defining a company's commitment to the Internet; setting an appropriate value proposition for customers of the web site; and identifying the role of the Internet in exploiting new markets, marketplaces and distribution channels and in delivering new products and services. In summary:
• Decision 1: Market and product development strategies
• Decision 2: Business and revenue models strategies
• Decision 3: Target market strategy
• Decision 4: Positioning and differentiation strategy (including the marketing mix)
• Decision 5: Multi-channel distribution strategy
• Decision 6: Multi-channel communications strategy
• Decision 7: Online communications mix and budget
• Decision 8: Organisational capabilities (7S)
Was this article helpful?
It’s so much easier than you think to create unlimited wealth online. I’m going to show you exactly how in my comprehensive guide. Affiliates are making more money than ever these days easily cashing in while they are off doing other things. It’s nice to know you can bring in a massive income while you’re not even monitoring things because you will not be personally selling anything. You don’t even have to speak from the people that order from you.