The page design involves creating an appropriate layout for each page. The main elements of a particular page layout are the title, navigation and content. Standard content such as copyright information may be added to every page as a footer. Issues in page design include:
• Page elements. We have to consider the proportion of page devoted to content compared to all other material such as headers, footers and navigation elements. The location of these elements also needs to be considered. It is conventional for the main menu to be at the top or on the left. The use of a menu system at the top of the browser window allows more space for content below.
• The use of frames. This is generally discouraged since it makes search engine registration more difficult and makes printing and bookmarking more difficult for visitors.
• Resizing. A good page layout design should allow for the user to change the size of text or work with different monitor resolutions.
• Consistency. Page layout should be similar for all areas of the site unless more space is required, for example for a discussion forum or product demonstration. Standards of colour and typography can be enforced through cascading style sheets.
• Printing. Layout should allow for printing or provide an alternative printing format.
Was this article helpful?
It’s so much easier than you think to create unlimited wealth online. I’m going to show you exactly how in my comprehensive guide. Affiliates are making more money than ever these days easily cashing in while they are off doing other things. It’s nice to know you can bring in a massive income while you’re not even monitoring things because you will not be personally selling anything. You don’t even have to speak from the people that order from you.