This activity is intended to highlight methods of on-site promotion which may cause people to visit a web site, stay for longer than one click and then return. For each of the following techniques, discuss:
1 how the incentives should be used;
2 why these incentives will increase the length of site visits and the likelihood of return to the site;
3 the type of company for which these techniques might work best. Techniques
• Sponsorship of an event, team or sports personality.
• A treasure hunt on different pages of the site, with a prize.
• Monthly product discount on an e-commerce site.
• Regularly updated information indicated by the current date or the date new content is added.
Note that as well as 'up-front' incentives there are some simple techniques that make a site 'fresh', which can be used to generate repeat visits. These include:
• daily or weekly update of pages with a date on the web site to highlight that it is updated regularly;
• regular publication of industry- or product-specific news;
• the use of e-mails to existing customers to highlight new promotions.
Was this article helpful?
Explode your Affiliate Income Today By Learning FIRST How To Become A Successful Affiliate Manager! Do you want to know everything there is to know about running a successful affiliate program that brings you money on autopilot? Then get your hands on this brand new e-book.