This activity is intended to highlight methods of on-site promotion which may cause people to visit a web site, stay for longer than one click and then return. For each of the following techniques, discuss:
1 how the incentives should be used;
2 why these incentives will increase the length of site visits and the likelihood of return to the site;
3 the type of company for which these techniques might work best. Techniques
• Sponsorship of an event, team or sports personality.
• A treasure hunt on different pages of the site, with a prize.
• Monthly product discount on an e-commerce site.
• Regularly updated information indicated by the current date or the date new content is added.
Note that as well as 'up-front' incentives there are some simple techniques that make a site 'fresh', which can be used to generate repeat visits. These include:
• daily or weekly update of pages with a date on the web site to highlight that it is updated regularly;
• regular publication of industry- or product-specific news;
• the use of e-mails to existing customers to highlight new promotions.
Was this article helpful?
Have you ever wondered how people make money through the internet by doing almost nothing? The Secret ADSENSE, Googles Online Advertising Program. What is AdSense? How to get registered with AdSense Programs? What are the different types of AdSense programs? What are the tips and tricks for earning more through AdSense? How do I stop the Ads of competitors from appearing on my website? How do I get paid? Do I get reports for analyzing the performance of my website?