The operation of an organisation's marketplace comprises the interactions between all elements of the micro-environment. In this section we review the great range of changes that the Internet has brought to the marketplace. The issues we will review include:
• Competitive forces. How are the major external forces on an organisation affected by the Internet?
• From value chain to value network. The value network concept describes a more dynamic version of the value chain with increased interaction between partners.
• New channel structures. What changes can occur to linkages to upstream and downstream partners in the supply chain? What is the role of new intermediaries?
• Location of trading. What are the options for location of trading online?
• Commercial arrangements for transactions. How are these changed?
• New business and revenue models. What business and revenue models can be adopted in the Internet marketplace?
Was this article helpful?
Explode your Affiliate Income Today By Learning FIRST How To Become A Successful Affiliate Manager! Do you want to know everything there is to know about running a successful affiliate program that brings you money on autopilot? Then get your hands on this brand new e-book.