The operation of an organisation's marketplace comprises the interactions between all elements of the micro-environment. In this section we review the great range of changes that the Internet has brought to the marketplace. The issues we will review include:
• Competitive forces. How are the major external forces on an organisation affected by the Internet?
• From value chain to value network. The value network concept describes a more dynamic version of the value chain with increased interaction between partners.
• New channel structures. What changes can occur to linkages to upstream and downstream partners in the supply chain? What is the role of new intermediaries?
• Location of trading. What are the options for location of trading online?
• Commercial arrangements for transactions. How are these changed?
• New business and revenue models. What business and revenue models can be adopted in the Internet marketplace?
Was this article helpful?