In its SEC filing, success factors eBay believes are important to enable it to compete in its market include:
• ability to attract buyers and sellers;
• volume of transactions and price and selection of goods;
• customer service; and
• brand recognition.
It also notes that for its competitors, other factors it believes are important are:
• community cohesion, interaction and size;
• system reliability;
• reliability of delivery and payment;
• web site convenience and accessibility;
• level of service fees; and
• quality of search tools.
This implies that eBay believes it has optimised these factors, but its competitors still have opportunities for improving performance in these areas which will make the market more competitive.
The SEC filing lists the risks and challenges of conducting business internationally as follows:
• regulatory requirements, including regulation of auctioneering, professional selling, distance selling, banking, and money transmitting;
Consolidated Statement of Income Data
Year Ended December 31
Was this article helpful?
Explode your Affiliate Income Today By Learning FIRST How To Become A Successful Affiliate Manager! Do you want to know everything there is to know about running a successful affiliate program that brings you money on autopilot? Then get your hands on this brand new e-book.