3 Implementation is not an isolated process; it should be integrated with the Internet marketing strategy. Analysis, design and implementation should occur repeatedly in an iterative, prototyping approach based on usability testing that involves the client and the users to produce an effective design.
4 A feasibility study should take place before the initiation of a major web site project. A feasibility study will assess:
• the costs and benefits of the project;
• the difficulty of achieving management and staff commitment to the project;
• the availability of domain names to support the project;
• the responsibilities and stages necessary for a successful project.
5 The choice of host for a web site should be considered carefully since this will govern the quality of service of the web site.
6 Options for analysis of users' requirements for a web site include:
• interviews with marketing staff;
• questionnaire sent to companies;
• usability and accessibility testing;
• informal interviews with key accounts;
• reviewing competitors' web sites.
7 The design phase of developing a web site includes specification of:
• the information architecture or structure of the web site using techniques such as site maps, blueprints and wireframes;
• the flow, controlled by the navigation and menu options;
• the graphic design and brand identity;
• country-specific localisation;
• the service quality of online forms and e-mail messages.
Was this article helpful?
It’s so much easier than you think to create unlimited wealth online. I’m going to show you exactly how in my comprehensive guide. Affiliates are making more money than ever these days easily cashing in while they are off doing other things. It’s nice to know you can bring in a massive income while you’re not even monitoring things because you will not be personally selling anything. You don’t even have to speak from the people that order from you.