Dyson, E. (1998) Release 2.1. A Design for Living in the Digital Age. Penguin, London. Chapters 5 Governance, 8 Privacy, 9 Anonymity and 10 Security are of particular relevance.
Garfinkel, S. (2000) Database Nation. O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA. This book is subtitled 'the death of privacy in the 21st century' and this is the issue on which it focuses (includes Internet- and non-Internet-related privacy).
Slevin, J. (2000) The Internet and Society. Polity Press, Cambridge. A book about the Internet that combines social theory, communications analysis and case studies from both academic and applied perspectives.
Zugelder, M., Flaherty, T. and Johnson, J. (2000) Legal issues associated with international Internet marketing, International Marketing Review, 17(3), 253-71. Gives a detailed review of legal issues associated with Internet marketing including consumer rights, defamation and disparagement, intellectual property protection, and jurisdiction.
• Mobile Commerce World (www.mobilecommerceworld.com). Source on usage of m-commerce.
• MORI Technology Tracker (www.mori.com/technology/techtracker.shtml). Provides a summary of access to new media platforms.
• New Media Age (www.newmediazero.com/nma). A weekly magazine reporting on the UK new media interest. Content now available online.
• New Television Strategies (www.newmediazero.com/ntvs). Sister publication to New Media Age.
• Revolution magazine (www.revolutionmagazine.com). A weekly magazine available for the UK, covering a range of new media platforms.
New law development
Two of the best legal sources to stay up-to-date are:
• Marketing Law (www.marketinglaw.co.uk). Up-to-date source on all forms of law related to marketing activities.
Was this article helpful?
It’s so much easier than you think to create unlimited wealth online. I’m going to show you exactly how in my comprehensive guide. Affiliates are making more money than ever these days easily cashing in while they are off doing other things. It’s nice to know you can bring in a massive income while you’re not even monitoring things because you will not be personally selling anything. You don’t even have to speak from the people that order from you.