• Grow your POSSIBLE PARTNERS research results by...
• doing a search for each keyword on your MASTER KEYWORD LIST ("+keyword+affiliate") to find merchants with affiliate programs or content sites that are affiliates. Use AltaVista, Overture, Google and/or Ixquick.
• using AltaVista Link Tool (enter link:domain of content site).
• checking out specialized Affiliate Directories like AssociatePrograms.com and Refer-It.
• joining Affiliate Backend Providers such as Commission Junction and BeFree or Affiliate Intermediaries such as Vstore or Nexchange.
• Diversify and reduce risk. Don't give too much emphasis to any single program.
• Eliminate high-risk programs by identifying negative features.
• Select and categorize excellent merchant-partners (that you are proud to represent). Use Alexa.com to help.
• Finalize your selection of good affiliate programs that fit with your proposed Site Concept.
STEP 5 -- Refine Final Concept and Register Domain Name
• Use information in your MASTER KEYWORD LIST to refine your SITE CONCEPT. The key parameter is ... "As narrow as possible, yet... still with lots of profit potential." (See ten factors outlined in DAY 5).
• Begin work on Domain Name. Identify a "Valuable PREselling Proposition."
Answer in a very few words what specific and high-value information your site delivers and what your unique positioning is for this delivery.
• Include your VPP in your domain name. Get further ideas from sites such as NameBoy.
• Use the service of a registrar to register your domain name. A comprehensive list is found at... http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html
This action is not necessary if you own Site Build It!. The cost of a domain name is included (as is everything else outlined in this course)...
• Register several domain names to keep future expansion avenues open.
• Choose a Site Concept that is something you know and love and that has excellent PROFITABILITY. Take your time to identify the best concept and domain name.
STEP 6 -- Build a Site that Gets the CLICK!
• Start with the physical layout. Design it like a pyramid with three Tiers.
The home page (Tier 1) focuses upon the fundamental Concept Keyword. It links with Tier 2 pages (7 HIGH-PROFITABILITY PAGES). Each of these pages links with five to ten related Keyword-Focused Content Pages (Tier 3).
• Deliver valuable content to your readers and tasty content to the Search Engine Spiders.
• Establish your VPP. Excite your reader. Describe the benefits. Write content copy that answers the reader's question, "What's in it for me?"
• Use your keywords frequently so that the SEs will rank you highly -- your Title tag, META keyword and description tags, H1 and other header tags, Body copy, Link tags, file name/domain name, Image ALT tag and name of image. Experiment with differently constructed pages to find the most successful "formulas" for your theme.
• Create Keyword-Focused Content Pages that fit with your Site Concept and VPP, have a good SUPPLY/DEMAND ratio and suit your interest/passion. Continue building until you have 50-70 content pages.
(Don't try to do them all in one week. Even if you only do one per day, you will accomplish your goal in two months. Just think -- in one year from now, you could have 6 Theme-Based Content Sites, each a source of income!)
Was this article helpful?