4. Describe the major types of vertical marketing systems and provide an example of each.
5. Discuss the complexities international marketers face when designing channels in other countries.
6. List and briefly describe the major logistics functions. Provide an example of a decision a logistics manager would make for each major function.
1. ExerWise, a new company marketing a high-end ab toner exercise machine, is considering direct marketing versus selling through Strongs, a national sporting goods retailer. As the buyer for Strongs, explain the functions your retail chain can offer to ExerWise.
2. Ward's Berry Farm specializes in fresh strawberries, which it sells to a variety of retailers through a produce wholesale distributor. Form a small group and have each member assume one of the following roles: berry farmer, wholesaler, and grocery retailer. In your role, discuss three things that might have recently angered you about the other channel members. Take turns voicing your gripes and attempting to resolve the conflict.
3. Visit http://electronics.howstuffworks.eom/rfid.htm# and watch the video "How UPS Smart Labels Work." You can also learn more about RFID technology from this site. What impact will RFID tags have on each of the major logistical functions? What are the biggest current obstacles to adopting this technology?
Was this article helpful?
As with any web site, SaleHoo has a number of features that will help you in buying products from around the world. Once you have an account on SaleHoo, which only costs a one-time fee, you can establish up to twenty named searches for products. After that, any time those items become available, you’ll be alerted.